Northwest Fire Fighters Benefits Trust
The Board of Trustees of the NWFFT strives to provide our members with the best value possible. All medical plans include virtual care office visits, planned surgery travel benefits and hearing benefits! Delta plans are available, as well as VEBA plan administration services.
The NWFFT has a large menu of plans to choose from, including some custom options available by state. Deductibles range from $50 per person to $2,500 per person. All plans are administered by Regence BlueShield. Nationally, we use the Blue Card PPO network. NWFFT is a self-insured plan, which means we pay our own claims, up to the stop loss/reinsurance level.
- All NWFFT medical plans include access to virtual care office visits provided by MDLive, a national leader in telehealth. You can talk to any of MDLive’s board-certified doctors anytime by phone, video, or through the app – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- MDLive doctors can diagnose and treat non-emergency medical conditions, prescribe medications and send prescriptions directly to your pharmacy.
- Office Visit Copays are waived for all non-HSA plans when using MDLive.
- All NWFFT medical plans include a vision exam and hardware benefits administered by Vision Service Plan (VSP) on behalf of Regence BlueShield.
All NWFFT medical plans include prescription drug benefits administered by Sav-Rx Prescription Services. Sav-Rx is a national pharmacy benefit manager served by an entirely union workforce, making them a perfect partner for the NWFFT. Their track record for serving union health and welfare plans is unparalleled.
All NWFFT medical plans include the BridgeHealth surgery program at no additional cost to you. BridgeHealth saves you money and gives you access to top-rated hospitals, surgery centers, and doctors across the country for planned, non-emergency procedures.
- Surgery benefits are simplified with pre-negotiated bundled rates – one set cost for your procedure – and member cost sharing is waived in full for all non-HSA plans.
- BridgeHealth will handle all the details, including finding a top-rated provider, plan approvals, scheduling and travel arrangements – paid in full by the Trust.
- The most common covered procedures include: cardiac, orthopedic, spine, women’s health, and other general surgeries.
As an added incentive, you will receive up to $1,500 as an additional care allowance when you choose to use BridgeHealth.
NWFFT participants should contact BridgeHealth at 844-249-8108 for more information on covered services and reference code AKFF2.
All NWFFT medical plans include hearing exam and hardware benefits administered by EPIC Hearing Healthcare. The EPIC Hearing Service Plan has a nationwide network and gives members access to all name-brand hearing aid technology by top-tier hearing aid manufacturers at reduced prices, 30-60% below MSRP.
NWFFT participants should contact EPIC at 1-866-956-5400 to schedule an appointment with an in-network provider.
The NWFFT offers a menu of PPO-style dental plans administered by Delta Dental of Washington, utilizing the national Delta Dental network of dentists. All Delta Dental plans include the Preventive Waiver enhancement, meaning that your preventive claims don’t count toward your plan’s annual benefit maximum, leaving more dollars for basic and major services.
Available in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho only. The NWFFT also offers an HMO-style dental care solution from Willamette Dental, where out-of-pocket costs for covered dental services are taken care of with predictable copays. No deductible and no annual maximums. Willamette Dental may be offered alongside your traditional Delta Dental plan.
The NWFFT has partnered with BPAS to bring participating locals access to top-notch VEBA administration services.
When you negotiate a VEBA, your employer deposits funds into a VEBA account, which is a tax-exempt irrevocable trust arrangement. It’s paired with a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) which allows you to use the VEBA funds for current or future out-of-pocket healthcare expenses. The VEBA HRA doesn’t replace your group health insurance; it works with your plan to provide additional coverage options.
BPAS services include plan administration, online and mobile app services, Benny Cards for easy fund access, and no set-up fees. The monthly administration fee starts at $6.50 per employee per month.
The NWFFT is administered by Vimly Benefit Solutions. Vimly manages the day-to-day Trust operations and provides member services to our participating locals. Their services include:
- Member service
- Employer billing and eligibility management
- COBRA administration
- Retiree billing and administration
Are you currently enrolled in the NWFFT?
Coming soon! Soon you’ll be able to access additional details on your plan by logging into the Vimly online portal, SIMON.
Prospective groups looking for more information on plans/pricing or general Trust inquiries:
Current NWFFT plan participants may call the Trust Office at Vimly Benefit Solutions for assistance:
The NWFFT Trust Office – Vimly Benefit Solutions